Welcome to the Goshen County Sheriff's Department website. This website provides you, the citizen, with valuable information related to law enforcement services for Goshen County, Wyoming. You can also contact us for questions, comments, or feedback under the ABOUT tab.
Goshen County Sheriff
May is Motorcylce Safety Month
Tips for drivers to help keep motorcyclists safe on our roadways.
· Remember, a motorcycle is a vehicle with all of the rights and privileges of any other motor vehicle.
· Always allow a motorcyclist the full lane width—never try to share a lane.
· Perform a visual check for motorcycles by checking mirrors and blind spots before entering or exiting a lane of traffic, and at intersections.
· Always signal your intentions before changing lanes or merging with traffic.
· Don’t be fooled by a flashing turn signal on a motorcycle – motorcycle signals are often not self-canceling and riders sometimes forget to turn them off. Wait to be sure the motorcycle is going to turn before you proceed.
· Allow more following distance - three or four seconds - when behind a motorcycle so the motorcyclist has enough time to maneuver or stop in an emergency.
· Never tailgate. In dry conditions, motorcycles can stop more quickly than cars.
· Never drive while distracted.